Family Support Office
Hello! My name is Jo Redwood and I am the Family Support Worker in school.
My role in school is to provide support, advice and information to the families within our school community. I can help you with any worries that you may have in relation to your child's education, behaviour and wellbeing. I am also here as someone to talk to if you need it!
Advice and support is confidential although concerns relating to the safeguarding of children will always be dealt with in accordance with the school's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy. I may not have all the answers, but hopefully I can help you to work out how to find them!
Support for pupils includes:
- promoting good attendance and punctuality
- promoting self-esteem and confidence
- promoting positive behaviour and positive attitudes to learning
- providing one-to-one support
Support for families includes:
- providing information and signposting to other services in the local area
- liasing with a range of external services such as housing and Social Care
- assistance in completing paperwork and forms e.g. housing, special educational needs, school places and benefits
- support,advise and signpost for relationship problems, domestic violence
- attendance and support at school and other agency meetings
- advice and support in promoting positive behaviour at home
How to get in touch:
I am normally based in school every morning from 8.30am.
Please call the school office on 01480 276599 to make an appointment.
I can also be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org